As some of you know, I have started using Windows Vista Business on my work laptop. I received a free version for participating in Power Together campaign. I prefer Firefox to IE, even IE7, so I wanted to make it the default browser on Vista. I looked around and it appears that many people are having problems getting this to work. Here is what I did:
- Run Firefox as Administrator by right-clicking on the icon in the Quick Launch Toolbar.
- Select Tools->Options->MainTab
- Click "Check Now" button under System Defaults.
- Indicate you want Firefox as the default browser.
- Close Firefox (remember you are running as Administrator.