Friday, January 07, 2005

chkdsk often on NTFS

chkdsk is not something I ever do unless there is a problem. However, I ran chkdsk on one of my machines at work on accident.

[You might ask how that is possible. Well for my last post I wanted to make sure I spelled the command correctly (remember I don't run the command very often) and hit return after I did the command completion.]

Anyway, I was surprised to see that it found problems that needed to be corrected. So I ran it on my laptop for fun, and it also needed to fix some problems. I also ran it on my home machine and it also needed some problems fixed.

So, it appears that chkdsk should be ran fairly often to find and fix problems.

Go ahead and run it yourself and let me know if it finds anything on your machine that needs to be fixed.

No comments: